I’ve been wanting to talk about this for a while, but I refrained since I know some of my clients read my blog. However, my voice and how I read scripts has nothing to do with what I am about to share with you.
I feel compelled to share this. I really don’t give a crap if it’s too “personal” or something I should keep private. We are on this earth for such a short amount of time, if I can do something to shed light for someone else who may be going through the same thing, then that will make it worth it.
A few months back my doctor’s office called to get me scheduled in for my yearly pap. I am so grateful to have such a great family doctor because if she didn’t call to make me come in for my check ups. I probably wouldn’t schedule it myself.
Then in early July she called and asked me to come in because of abnormal results from my pap. So I went in and she explained that I had precancerous cells in my cervix and a biopsy needed to be performed.
I was devastated. I know that tons of women go through this type of thing… but when it’s YOU. Your world stops for a moment. I bawled my eyes out and it was in that moment that Mike was desperate to cheer us both up and he said “we’re going to get a dog.” So that day, we did.
He definitely makes us happy!
I have been trying to stay uber positive about the whole thing. Here is a new goals map I posted beside my desk.
But I feel like I am dealing with a build up from the past. In 2001 I had an ectopic pregnancy where the baby ruptured in my fallopian tube. I almost died during the process, but I survived and had one less tube and a broken heart. I was given this book back then which I still carry with me 10 years later.
And the note from the wonderful lady who gave me the book. I feel like this book was the beginning of a more “spiritual me”. This is such a great book for women.
It talks about creating physical and emotional health and healing. Such as working with the 7 chakra’s. Helping us understand HOW and WHY we get these diseases in the first place.
My affected area is the Sacral Chakra. The Sacral Chakra (known as the 2nd Chakra) represents your sexuality, creativity, finances, personal power, and relationships. Interesting. I can’t pin point exactly why I am having issues in he 2nd chakra. Fear of abandonment is probably one issue, along with the pain of my ectopic pregnancy harbouring over the years? Either way, my biopsy states that I need a Leep Procedure done, which will get rid of the shitty unwelcome cells in my body.
Y’all know how positive I am and how I am not going to let this bring me down, but it has made me more emotional in the last bit.
I know that by eating good food you can control about 60% of how healthy your body is. The other 40% is your stress levels, your thoughts, emotions, harbouring ill feelings. So my goal is to eat as good as I can and be as stress free as I can and live a long, healthy, vibrant, prosperous and abundant life.
I have a great support team,-thanks to my girlfriends, my family, my mom for making a special trip just to come to my biopsy and thanks to Mike. I am a lucky girl.
I guess my purpose of sharing this is to:
-get a PAP! (cervix cancer can be detected EARLY, however in Canada alone 1 person dies per day from it!)
-Treat your body right through the foods you eat.
-let go of unsupportive thoughts and emotions. (through yoga, meditation, etc)
-live life to the fullest. Don’t let anyone or anything get in your way.
I am going to be doing a course with Feed Life, Starve Canver at Organic Lives starting next week. I also spotted these classes by feedlife.ca that are happening downtown Vancouver that look amazing. Let’s be proactive, rather than reactive.
Thanks for reading! I promise not to post depressing posts like this often, I just wanted to let you know what’s really been on my mind!
Take care and we’ll talk soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon